Hi there, as some of you may know I work for a Non for Profit Association that advises and serves as a liaison between fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue patients and, doctors and the administration. Here I tell you a little about my company.
ACOFIFA was constituted in the Spanish town of A Coruña, Galicia, on April 9th of 2.001, with the purpose to inform, raise awareness and discuss the environment of people affected by the illnesses “Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome”: ACOFIFA (Asociación Coruñesa de Fibromialgia y Síndrome de Fatiga Crónica). In 2004 we founded, together with two other Galician associations, the Galician Federation of Ill People with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: FEGAFIFA (Federación Galega de Enfermos de Fibromialxia e Síndrome de Fatiga Crónica). From the beginning we organized many actions, both for improving the quality of life of the people affected, and at many levels bringing political and medical pressure, promoting investigation and politic awareness.Change perception and inform publicopinion, mental health , justice system, government and society in general, about the problems of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and their consequences.
Our objectives are as follow:
- Inform, advise and guide about Fibromyalgia and the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome people with fibromyalgia and their family members, in order to improve their quality of life.
- Instigate dialogue among those affected and their families, creating a network of social support in view of the widespread lack of understanding of our illnesse(s).
- Facilitate the sick people’s self-defense in situations of violition of their rights and to collaborate with them and their relatives so that they learn how to live with their illness(es).
- Stimulate and promote scientific investigation of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, from the points of view bio-psychosocial, legal and employment in order to know their effects, accelerate the diagnosis and improve the therapeutic and rehabilitative possibilities..
- Promote and impel all kinds of actions destinated to improve the quality of life of the sick people.
On October 8, 9 and 10 ACOFIFA will be hosting the “First European Forum of Fibromyalgia” in La Coruna, Galicia, Spain. Some of the confirmed guest speakers will be Dr. Martinez Lavin, Dr. Fernandez Sola, Dr. Estivill, Dr. Francisco I. Blanco, Dr. Jon Russell and more still waiting to be confirmed. Should you would like to attend please visti our blog noticiasacofifa.blogspot.com.
Today, Wednesday June 16th, we are leaving for Rome to attend EULAR 2010 (The European League Against Rheumatism), I will be there until Saturday June 19th. Next time you hear from me it will be from Rome.
ACOFIFA is presided by Maria Soledad Morales Canas, chronic fatigue syndrom patient, incredible woman and eternal fighter against this desease.
Maria Soledad Morales Canas is definitely a Top Latina.
We are Latinas, we are Woman and we Make a Diference. Peace and Prosperity to you all!
Feel Good Womanhood!